Should I ignore xfs_message_invalidnode panic warnings?

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Sun Oct 3 18:36:17 CEST 1999

sperber at Informatik.Uni-Tuebingen.De (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]) writes:

> Love> Have you found a way to trigger the bug (and get the message) ?
> Love> What is the sequence of commands you type then ?
>
> No, it just happens intermittently.  Just, well, ermh, *activity* will
> produce it.

:( This is the problem, the error message comes from a consistency-test,
the error might have happend several hours ago.

> If you can tell me where and how I can place some sort of breakpoint on
> this, I can probably come up with a trace of what happened.

How log does it take for it to trigger ? 1 minut ? 1 hour ? I'm asking
since I want to know if it's worth doing a xfs and arlalog so we can read
and figure out where we do wrong. (Another problem is that logging isn't
really verbose enough for these kind of errors).

The other way is to read all the code and see that it does the right thing.