Should I ignore xfs_message_invalidnode panic warnings?

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Sun Oct 3 17:14:29 CEST 1999

sperber at Informatik.Uni-Tuebingen.De (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]) writes:

> I frequently get this message:
>
> XFS PANIC WARNING!  xfs_message_invalidnide: no node!
>
> Yet this has never caused any problems, as far as I can see.
>
> Should I look into them?  (This is almost-vanilla 0.27 on FreeBSD
> 3.2-RELEASE.)

The message ocurres when arlad thinks xfs has a node and tries to
invalidate it. When xfs gets the message and tries to find the node
it fails, and prints the warning.

Since it's no fatal and we havn't found a case where we trigger the bug
successfully all the time, more important things have been fixed.

Have you found a way to trigger the bug (and get the message) ?
What is the sequence of commands you type then ?