Strange error messages with 0.28

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Sat Nov 27 16:03:58 CET 1999

Reinhold Bader <Reinhold.Bader at lrz-muenchen.de> writes:

> Message from syslogd at brossp5 at Fri Nov 26 14:59:05 1999 ...
> brossp5 kernel: XFS SoftAssert: xfs_message_installattr: got data w/o
> token!
>
> but I do have a token. The messages appear not only in syslog, but on
> all open
> consoles.

The tokens that are mentions are the tokens xfs have, they describe if xfs
have data,attr (stat-information), if the file is open, etc.

Its a bug that the message occur, and the printf was added to catch another
bug that is related to this.

The current cvs-code fixes most of these errors. (New BulkStatus-code has
been added too and that triggered the bugg too).

The simple way is just to comment out the message and ignore it. 0.28 is a
lot better then 0.27 when it comes stability, its just has that pesky
SoftAssert message printing all over the place.