konstighet i arla?

Assar Westerlund assar at sics.se
Thu Nov 25 11:42:45 CET 1999

Jon Tegner <tegner at nada.kth.se> writes:
> Now I'm confused. That is my home directory, and it is the same file. Just
> don't understand why the fact that a file can be described in two different
> ways should prevent it from being loaded into emacs?

It shouldn't.  By default emacs should just show you the existing buffer
when you try to open a file that you already have loaded in emacs by
another name.  Some more information on this is available in
emacs-info under the node `File Aliases'.  If emacs fails to act the
way it should we need soem more information to investigate that; to
begin with the version of emacs and if you have any related
configuration in your ~/.emacs.  Also try starting emacs with `emacs
-q' (which will disable your and other customization) and see if it
behaves in the same way.

/assar