got data w/o token

Vijay G. Bharadwaj vgb at isr.umd.edu
Tue Nov 23 16:44:07 CET 1999

On 23 Nov 1999, Love wrote:

> "M. Sievers" <sieversm at mail.desy.de> writes:
>
> > I often get:
> >
> >  XFS SoftAssert: xfs_message_installattr: got data w/o token!
> > and even
> >  Panic: xfs_message_installattr: got token w/o data!
>
> It could be a serious bug, but it seams to cause no harm. On Linux (and
> probably all other platforms) the 19991105 have the same problem, but it
> shows up as "Panic: readpage on NULL cache file.". On 0.27 i causes a
> Ooops in xfs_readpage.

I got tons of these SoftAssert messages as soon as I started using 0.28.
The 19991105 snapshot has no problems though, no SoftAssert or Panic
messages in weeks.  So I gave up on 0.28 and went back to 19991105 almost
immediately. I've been too caught up in work to debug it, but if you're
interested I could try to figure it out sometime next week.

This is on Linux, Red Hat 6.1 on a Pentium II. Kerberos is kth-krb 0.10.

-Vijay