arla-0.28

Assar Westerlund assar at stacken.kth.se
Mon Nov 22 07:29:47 CET 1999

We're happy to announce Arla 0.28.

With this release there's no longer any support for FreeBSD 2.x.  This
simplifies the code and reduces the number of #ifdef's.  If you're
really dependent on FreeBSD 2.x please tell us.  We also don't
recommend running Linux 2.0.x any longer.  Do upgrade to 2.2.x.

As usual, feedback, bug reports, and bug fixes are very welcome.
Without further ado we leave you with the list of (the most important)
changes:

Changes in release 0.28:

* support SMP on FreeBSD

* better error messages in lots of places

* make mount points in a Transarc-compatible way (mode bits 0111)

* a tiny bit of Transarc-compatible library code

* beginning of xfs code for Windows NT and port of LWP to NT native threads

* ydr now supports multiple packages in one .xg file

* fixed a leak of fs-context's that caused tokens to be expired.

* afsaclmgr: an acl manager written in guile-gtk

* more portability

* more test cases

* lots of bug fixes

Have fun,