tiny patch for recognising libncurses

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Sun Nov 21 09:52:00 CET 1999

I don't know about Red Hat, I assume it can handle multiple alternative
packages that provide similar functionality somehow. But this kind of misses
the point. You really want to have both installed and not have one conflict
with the other. Especially as you might also want ssl versions of these tools,
and some of the native tools on some OS's have added features that the
kerberized tools don't have.

In the debian kerberos packages i used a transform to prefix all the kerberos
utilities start with k:
	 --program-transform-name='s/^k*/k/'

Ideally I would ask the maintainer of the standard tools to make them all
"alternatives" so that the local sysadmin could choose which package's
utilities to make the default. I'm not sure if Red Hat has anything like
Debian's "alternatives" though.

--
greg