setup problems

Marko Sakari Asplund Marko.Asplund at cern.ch
Fri May 21 17:10:31 CEST 1999

when installing Arla v0.23 i stumbled into something that caused a lot of
debugging in setting up Arla. if this problem isn't documented, would it
be possible to add a description and a workaround for it somewhere in Arla
documentation (e.g. the INSTALL file)? here's my problem:

the Arla configuration program supports the --prefix option. when
compiling and installing Arla in a non-standard location (e.g.
/usr/local/arla) the Kerberos (kth-krb4) binaries are unable to find the
Arla cell (ThisCell, TheseCells) and possibly other configuration files.
in my case an AFS token couldn't be obtained because afslog (automatically
run by kauth) was unable to find the right cell name. a solution is to
install Arla in /usr/arla or to link /usr/arla to the Arla installation
directory.

thanks,

best regards,
--