arla on NeXTSTEP3.3/Intel

assar@stacken.kth.se assar at stacken.kth.se
Sun May 16 05:06:11 CEST 1999

Helmut Heller <Helmut.Heller at lrz-muenchen.de> writes:
> So this is why I need the
> #define MaxPathLen 255

I've added that to acconfig.h

> further changes:
> in file lib/editline/Makefile
> CC = cc -posix
> (was NOT supplied by ./configure!)

configure should now set CFLAGS = -posix

> now we have two choices: either use cc -bsd here, or change config.h
> /* #undefine HAVE_SYS_UTSNAME_H */
> which I do. Perhaps the check in configure for HAVE_SYS_UTSNAME_H
> should use the -posix flag or make otherwise sure that only POSIX
> header files are considered. Or it should have hard wired that
> NeXTSTEP does not have HAVE_SYS_UTSNAME_H in POSIX mode.

I fixed so that CPPFLAGS also gets set to -posix.

> mode_t is only available in bsd mode:

Would it work just typedefining them to `unsigned short' and `short'
if they don't exist?  Or does that part of the code need to be built
in bsd-mode?

> And there are other kernel modules, e.g., the PPP stuff at
> http://www.thoughtport.com:8080/PPP/Latest_version.html
> ftp://ftp.peak.org/pub/next/apps/internet/ppp/dev/

That looks like it tells you have to write loadable modules, which is
the first step.

/assar