Solaris 7

Dominic Lai dominic at cs.ust.hk
Wed May 12 06:30:57 CEST 1999

On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 06:20:00AM +0200, assar at stacken.kth.se (assar at stacken.kth.se) wrote:
> I manage to assemble it succesfully with
>
> as: WorkShop Compilers 5.0 Alpha 03/27/98 Build
>
> I don't know if it has any patches applied or not.

I guess that it is an old version of as.  Mine gives the following:

% as -V
as: WorkShop Compilers 5.0 98/12/21
% ls -lF /usr/ccs/bin/as
-rwxr-xr-x   1 bin      bin       342072 Jan 13 08:40 /usr/ccs/bin/as*

I wonder if this patched version supplies the new feature
(.register pseudo-op) which causes the problem in compiling
lwp routine.  :-(

I guess that you can grab this patch (it is listed as a recommended
patch for the released version of Workshop 5.0) #107058-01 to try
it out.   Thanks for your help.

Dominic

--
Dominic Lai, Assistant Computer Officer, CS System Group
Computer Science Department, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology