Solaris 7

assar@stacken.kth.se assar at stacken.kth.se
Tue May 11 14:51:33 CEST 1999

Dominic Lai <dominic at cs.ust.hk> writes:
> By the way, I am interested in building arla 0.23 on 64-bit
> Solaris 7.  Can anyone give me a direction on this?  I guess
> that it requires Sun Sparc C/C++ Compiler 5.0 with flag
> "-xarch=v9 -xtarget=v9" in the first place.  But I found that
> the resultant code is not usable, while I have no problems
> building the 32-bit version.   Thanks for your advice in
> advance.

Yes, or you should be able to use a recent egcs with support for
sparc64.  I remember that it worked when we tried it on a sparc64.
Can you give us more details as to what and how it fails when you try
it?  Does it build?  Does `arlad --test' work?  Does the xfs module
link?  Does it load?  Does it work?

/assar