Solaris 7

Anthony.Iano-Fletcher@nih.gov Anthony.Iano-Fletcher at nih.gov
Fri May 7 17:18:42 CEST 1999

Hi

	Ive got Arla to work under linux and it works nicely. So I
decided to try arla-0.23 under Solaris 7 on an Ultra 1.

	I put in the entries

		/etc/name_to_major:	xfs 140
		/etc/name_to_sysnum:	xfs   40

	'arlad -t' works nicely and I got the kernel module xfs loaded
just fine and I did the drvconfig and the the mount_xfs, followed by
starting the arlad daemon.

When I do 'ls /afs' then I start getting these messages on the
console...

	xfs_message_receive opcode = 1
	xfs_message_wakeup
	xfs_devwrite error = 0
	xfs_message_rpc after sleep
	xfs_message_rpc opcode = 12
	messageq = 7004ea84, next = 7004ea88first: 12:40
	xfs_message_rpc before sleep
	xfs_devselect dev = 36700160, events = 64, anyyet = 0
	xfs_devread dev = 36700160
	xfs_devwrite dev = 36700160
	xfs_message_receive opcode = 9
	xfs_message_installdata
	xfs_node_find
	cache_name = '@001'
	XFS PANIC Warning: xfs_message_installdata failed to lookup cache file = @001, error = 6

over and over again..... and nothing ever works. The file
/usr/arla/cache/@001 does exist and does contain a list of cells just as
one would expect under /afs...... but I never get a response from 'ls'.

When I kill arlad the system stops giving errors..... Ive tried running
arlad with debugging but this give me nothing.

What have I missed? how do I find where the xfs module is looking for
@001?

			Anthony.

Anthony R Iano-Fletcher        Anthony.Iano-Fletcher at nih.gov
                               http://cbel.cit.nih.gov/~arif