Linux 2.2.6 and Arla 0.23

Tim Yardley yardley at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sat May 1 02:27:56 CEST 1999

I am trying to setup arla on a Slackware 4.0 box.  I have run into a few
problems while working on this... one of which is compiling the source.  I
get through most of the compilation, and then it tries to include library
"kafs" from /usr/athena/lib.  I did a search for this licrary on various
sites, and I was unable to find it.  I also downloaded the binary RPM from
the athena project, and it did not contain this library either.

I tried building the current snapshot as well, but it also did not want to
compile.  Is there anyone out there that has gotten AFS running on a
non-redhat box?  If not, anyone out there willing to give me some
suggestions as to possible courses of action to getting it to work.

Thanks in advance for your time.

/tmy

-- Diving into infinity my consciousness expands in inverse
   proportion to my distance from singularity