Arla XFS

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Wed Mar 31 01:17:47 CEST 1999

"Albert D. Cahalan" <acahalan at cs.uml.edu> writes:

> Look:      ^^^^
>
> You already call the system "arla" sometimes. Consistency is nice.

xfs is the filesystem-chardev-syscall in the kernel.
arlad is the userland daemon the implements the afs and uses xfs.

Arla is package including xfs and arlad.

> > xFs
>
> Do you actually like that?

No.

> You need to do that on Linux too, since it is likely that there will be
> an xfs driver.

Let them write it first, ok ?

> > Its all to much code to change right now, and I prefere to waste those
> > hours of changing x to another letter (that is already use by some other
> > people) to accully getting more functionallty and more bugs fixed.
>
> I don't think anyone uses "arla" as a filesystem name.
> Changes should be a simple search-and-replace operation

"It will not happen for a int32 time"

And the arla is still not the filesystemname.

Arla as a filesystem name is not "right", xfs is "right".
Give a better solution.

As proposed ealier, extfs is not good name either, since that is
the first filesystem in linux that proceeded ext2.