Where is krb_principal ?

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Fri Mar 26 07:52:25 CET 1999

Hee-Seok Heo <hsheo at postech.ac.kr> writes:

> I installed arla-0.22, krb4-0.9.9.
>
> This is part of /usr/athena/include/krb.h
>
> typedef struct krb_principal{
>     char name[ANAME_SZ];
>     char instance[INST_SZ];
>     char realm[REALM_SZ];
> }krb_principal;

Good, then this test shouldn't fail.

> And I had this message from 'configure'
>
> checking whether to include kerberos 4... yes
> checking for struct msghdr... (cached) yes
> checking for struct iovec... (cached) yes
> checking for krb_principal... (cached) no
> checking for krb_get_err_text... (cached) yes
>
> Why is checking for krb_principal  no?

Since the result from the previous run is cached the test is not
accully run. Remove line containing ac_cv_struct_krb_principal in
config.cache (or the whole file to be sure).

What is the output regading krb_principal i config.log ? When you
doesn't have the the test cached ?