location of cache dir

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Wed Mar 17 05:29:32 CET 1999

Nat Lanza <magus at cs.cmu.edu> writes:

> So I guess I don't really see why changing the default to /var is a
> good idea.

Since /usr might not be avaible at boot-time and later be mounted read-only
on all systems.

The real question is how to do it a easy to choose whatever way you want it.
And do it simple and right on all systems.

The simple way is to put everthing under $prefix, but as pointed out by
Dan, that might not be they way you want it (in that phase of the moon).

Guess you have to do appropriate magic by hand right now when
buildning/installing.