User level permissions

Assar Westerlund assar at stacken.kth.se
Sat Jun 26 01:47:03 CEST 1999

Tim Yardley <yardley at ncsa.uiuc.edu> writes:
> My question is, has someoen written the authentication programs for arla,
> and I somehow missed seeing the announcement?

Yes, or it wasn't announced that much.  Most of that code was released
before Arla.  Mostly any Kerberos distribution with support for AFS
should work with Arla.

We use (and I'm probably somewhat partial to these :-)

krb4	<http://www.pdc.kth.se/kth-krb>
heimdal <http://www.pdc.kth.se/heimdal>

But other people are running MIT krb5 code and I think somebody also
uses Cygnus CNS.

> Anyway, I noted that 'tokens' was now included in arla.. but I still don't
> see a klog/kauth/aklog (or a variant thereof).  Could someone point me to
> the place that I could obtain them from?

See above.

> Also, what is the current arla out there right now (all the new fandangled
> patches to fix broken things).  I am just running  0.25 original release.

There will be a 0.26 in a few days.  Until then and if you want to
experiment, feel free to check out the current code from the CVS
repository.

We have made our CVS repository available. You can checkout the source
with this command:

cvs -d /afs/stacken.kth.se/src/SourceRepository checkout arla

/assar