Two problems with arla 0.25

Lyle Seaman LSeaman at stormsystems.com
Fri Jun 25 18:07:41 CEST 1999

> this output is relevant because of?  or, are you just noting that the
> transarc client doesn't put permissions on the file?  as far as afs is
> concerned, unix file permissions DO NOT matter.  It doesn't
> pay attention
> to them at all (at least that is my understanding).

Unix mode bits do matter.  The AFS client ignores the group and other bits,
and uses the owner bits to determine (for all users) whether
read/write/execute is permitted, assuming that the ACL allows access in the
first place.

When you say "another machine running Transarc AFS", is it Linux, or some
other OS?