Minor source code bug in Linux port

Jon Leonard jbwl at umich.edu
Mon Jun 21 14:20:34 CEST 1999

"Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" wrote:

> In message <5laetwt658.fsf at assaris.sics.se>, Assar Westerlund writes:
> +-----
> | Jon Leonard <jbwl at umich.edu> writes:
> | > &kernel_flag.  The real name of kernel_flag is
> | > kernel_flag_R__ver_kernel_flag, at least on my system, so xfs.o won't
> |
> | I'm unable to reproduce this problem.  When I build it against Linux
> | 2.2.5 smp, it correctly refers to kernel_flag_Rsmp_a99dd800
> +--->8
>
> He neglected to do a "make depend" before building the kernel, so symbols
> didn't get versioned.

It wasn't quite that, but it might as well have been.  If fact, that was
the part that confused me:  all the other kernel symbols used by arla
_were_  correctly versioned.

I just went back to a clean source tree, right back to tar and mrproper
and the problem went away.

Jon
Jon Leonard                                               jbwl at umich.edu
CycleStealer, School of Information, Umich             +1 (734) 615-2726
"Do not worry about your difficulties with computers; I can assure you
that mine are still greater."