Minor source code bug in Linux port

Assar Westerlund assar at stacken.kth.se
Sat Jun 19 20:08:34 CEST 1999

Jon Leonard <jbwl at umich.edu> writes:
> Compiling the arla-0.25 on Linux 2.2.5 smp, there's a minor problem in
> xfs/linux/xfs_syscalls.c.  The lock_kernel() function uses
> &kernel_flag.  The real name of kernel_flag is
> kernel_flag_R__ver_kernel_flag, at least on my system, so xfs.o won't
> load.  There's certainly a right way to fix this, but I just stuck
>
> #define kernel_flag     kernel_flag_R__ver_kernel_flag

I'm unable to reproduce this problem.  When I build it against Linux
2.2.5 smp, it correctly refers to kernel_flag_Rsmp_a99dd800

datan:>nm xfs_syscalls.o | grep kernel_flag
         U kernel_flag_Rsmp_a99dd800

that's defined in

datan:>grep kernel_flag /usr/include/linux/modules/i386_ksyms.ver
#define __ver_kernel_flag       smp_a99dd800
#define kernel_flag     _set_ver(kernel_flag)

which does get included by xfs_locl.h -> <linux/modversions.h> ->
<linux/i386_ksyms.ver>

Are you positive that you're using the same set of header files as the
kernel was built with?

/assar