Two problems with arla 0.25

Anthony.Iano-Fletcher@nih.gov Anthony.Iano-Fletcher at nih.gov
Thu Jun 10 21:20:47 CEST 1999

Hi Assar et al

> Derrick J Brashear <shadow at dementia.org> writes:
> > As it happens there's some bug with Solaris make and
> > VPATH. Experimentation may be in order... I bet, though, that if you
> > used gmake, the problem would go away (not that I'm saying you
> > should need to, just that it would isolate the problem)
>
> Yeah, sun's make behaves rather strangely with VPATH.  I do test it
> when I can and try to make it work.  If it doesn't build with Sun's
> make and only with GNU make, please report it and it'll get fixed.

Well I tried it with GNU's make and its still broken:

> gmake[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/arla-0.25/xfs/solaris'
> ld -r -o ./xfs xfs_deb.o xfs_common.o xfs_dev.o xfs_message.o xfs_node.o
> xfs_syscalls.o xfs_vfsops.o xfs_vnodeops.o xfs_wrap.o
> ld: cannot open output file ./xfs: Is a directory

Also the 0.25 version crashes my Solaris 7 machine whenever one does
		ls /afs
As the crash messages roll I see -

	xfs module trying to free NULL pointer
	trap type 0x31
	addr = 0x14

but this then all vanishes during the reboot.

			Anthony :-)

Anthony R Iano-Fletcher        Anthony.Iano-Fletcher at nih.gov
                               http://cbel.cit.nih.gov/~arif
                               CBEL, CIT, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA.