forwarding tokens to other machine

Herbert Huber Herbert.Huber at lrz-muenchen.de
Thu Jul 29 18:25:25 CEST 1999

Hello Assar,

please excuse the late reply. I have now tested your two
proof-of-concept programs under arla-0.25 with linux-2.2.10 Kernel
running on my Intel machines and it works perfectly - Thanks a lot!
So the free AFS client arla can now also be used in CODINE 4.2.8
clusters where the two binaries GetToken and SetToken are needed for
token forwarding to batch machines. Maybe this fact is also interesting
for other arla users. However it seems that arla´s token structure is
different from the token structure of the original AFS client. As
consequece arla´s tokens cannot be extended, using undocumented function
calls of Transarcs AFS libraries. So for non homogen environments, e. g.
sites using both arla and Transarcs AFS client, this fact produces
problems. Is there a way to use the some token format in arla as in
Transarcs AFS client? How can user tokens be extended without using
Transarcs libraries and without giving any passwords in arla?

/Herbert