PAM and arla

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Wed Jul 21 21:34:26 CEST 1999

>  At present, if the 2 magic groups are present, Arla uses them alone to
>  figure out which PAG the current process is in; otherwise it uses the UID.
>  I would suggest changing the logic so that the UID is used along with the
>  PAG number derived from the magic groups to find out the current PAG; i.e.
>  uid=4000, groups=33536 33521 is a different PAG than uid=0, groups=33536
>  33521.

Again, you're making it hard for people who are using this behavior (which,
intended or not, AFS has) to change PAGs, and I really wish you wouldn't. Now
that Linux has an in-kernel nfsd it won't matter, but I had also intended to
use this to allow a user-level nfsd to do the equivalent of Transarc knfs:
basically allow remote clients to have a PAG.