proposed PAG handling changes for Arla

allbery@kf8nh.apk.net allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
Tue Jul 20 19:21:47 CEST 1999

On 20 Jul, Chris Wing wrote:
+-----
|  > Note that this would be inconsistent with the behaviour of AFS, which
|  > allows anyone who can call setgroups() to set or change his PAG.
|
|  Is this also the case on systems like Solaris, where the PAG does not seem
|  to be stored in the group list? (at least on Transarc AFS)
+--->8

???

2 at rushlight:1001 B$ ssh -x hilfy
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.5.1     Generic May 1996
hilfy:1 Z$ groups
EEstaff 33536 32725 root
hilfy:2 Z$
Connection to hilfy closed.
2 at rushlight:1002 B$ ssh -x fs1
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.6       Generic August 1997
fs1:1 Z$ groups
sysadmin 33536 32565
fs1:2 Z$
Connection to fs1 closed.

Looks like they're in the supplementary groups to me....

brandon s. allbery	   os/2,linux,solaris,perl	allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	   kthkrb,heimdal,gnome,rt	  allbery at ece.cmu.edu
carnegie mellon / electrical and computer engineering			kf8nh