proposed PAG handling changes for Arla

Neulinger, Nathan R. nneul at umr.edu
Tue Jul 20 18:09:18 CEST 1999

In fact, we make use of this behavior in AFS to clean out the tokens out of
the kernel when users are gone and have no processes, even though their
token hasn't expired.

If we don't, things get really slow cause the token/pag structures get
enormous.

Besides, anyone with root is going to be able to attach to any users
processes with any number of different tools, and if you're using kerberos,
they are going to be able to just access the credentials cache directly.

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                       EMail:  nneul at umr.edu