PAM and arla

Charles Karney karney at pppl.gov
Thu Jul 8 04:46:58 CEST 1999

I have been using the MIT version of AFS for Linux (2.0.x) with Tobias
Schaefer's pam_linux_afs module for authentication + tokens.  This invokes
the klog command to do the authentication and the whole package works fine

Recently, I've installed arla (0.25) and kth-krb (0.9.9) and would like to
get AFS tokens automatically.  I tried specifying

    klog_program /usr/athena/bin/kauth

to pam_linux_afs (i.e., the kth-krb kauth program).  However this bombs
because pam_linux_afs tries to invoke it as

    /usr/athena/bin/kauth karney -silent -pipe

with the -pipe indicating that the password is delivered via stdin.  I
could hack together a script to run kauth via expect, but I wonder if
anyone has a neater solution.

--
Charles Karney
Plasma Physics Laboratory	  E-mail:  Karney at Princeton.EDU