whining about roken.h

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Wed Jul 7 18:08:04 CEST 1999

On 7 Jul 1999, Johan Danielsson wrote:

> > Last night, I pulled down the arla-0.25 distribution, and
> > (re)discovered that roken.h and libroken.a do not get installed by
> > default, and worse, that the former contains many references to
> > preprocessor symbols defined by configure, which might not be
> > available to a program wishing to use the library.
>
> This is only the case in the roken present in arla. The Heimdal
> version does create a working roken.h, and also installs it and the

It looks like you did something very similar in concept to what I did, but
not quite as ugly.  Figures...  I see that roken.awk escapes \ and " in
the input file, but does nothing about %.  I would suggest either escaping
% as %%, or using fputs instead of fprintf, to avoid nasty surprises down
the line.

> library. There should probably be a separate roken distribution.

Agreed.

> Was it you intention to do fill-region on the patch? :-)

No; that was my mailer, and I didn't even notice until you pointed it out.
I'll try to avoid that problem in the future...

-- Jeff