arla and PAM

Jim Nance jim_nance at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 26 03:11:21 CET 1999

Hello all,
     Seeing all the talk about making su get tokens
reminded me of something I would really like to see.
When I login using the login program that comes with
Red Hat 5.2 I have no tokens.  I have to run aklog
to get them.  I think it should be possible write a
PAM module that would get tokens when I logged in
(this appeals to me much more than replacing the login
program).  I found what I thought was such a module in
the krb-kth source.  After I looked at it some more
it appeared to authenticate users via kerberos but it
did not seem to get AFS tokens.  Does anyone know of
a PAM module which does what I am looking for.  If
one does not exist I may try to write one, but I have
to learn PAM first :-(

Jim