Pb getwd on afs linux

Jean-Paul Le Fevre J-P.LeFevre at cea.fr
Tue Jan 19 13:37:25 CET 1999

Right Magnus !, that's the problem but I'm really confused and I don't
know what to do :

Originally my installation was done from a Slackware in libc.5 fashion.
I'm moving gradually to libc.6. Each time I install a new package,
I link against libc.6. Arla was installed with libc.6 and the /bin/pwd
is dynamically linked against libc.5 : as you guessed it was the cause
of the error.
As you (implicitely) suggested I have made a new pwd (a static one, I
could not managed to make a dynamic one either from the smallutils-1.3
or from sh-utils-1.16 packages (?)). Unfortunately, I got other error
messages from ls (__getcwd is unresolved) ! Checking my /bin directory
I see that almost everything is linked against libc.5.

I come to the conclusion that everything must be consistent to work fine.
Arla and the basic Unix commands must be libc.6. But I'm not enthusiactic
to update all my /bin directory !

On the other hand, if the Arla's getcwd.so is not used, most of the
basic command fail with a message saying that :
"could not get current directory: getwd: cannot access parent directories"

If someone has a suggestion, I would be happy !

Jean-Paul Le Fevre                      http://www.multimania.com/lefevre
E-mail : Jean-Paul.LeFevre at cea.fr       Tel : (33) [0]1 69 08 74 50