Pb getwd on afs linux

Jean-Paul Le Fevre J-P.LeFevre at cea.fr
Tue Jan 19 09:55:22 CET 1999

I'm having problem with getcwd. I'm running Linux 2.1.105 and
I've just installed arla 0.20.
I've tried to add /lib/getcwd.so in /etc/ld.so.preload and
what I got is a message saying that __getcwd can't be resolved
when I try to run /bin/pwd. I've checked that it is present in my libc.so.6.

On the other hand, without the arla getcwd.so, pwd does not work fine
in an afs directory. The command /bin/pwd complains that it
'cannot get current directory', some other commands give something like :
'shell-init: could not get current directory: getwd: cannot access parent
directories'

Is there any solution ?

Thanks,

Jean-Paul Le Fevre                      http://www.multimania.com/lefevre