compiling arla on Solaris5.6

Janne Johansson jj at it.kth.se
Fri Jan 15 14:45:57 CET 1999

> > I get this:
> > ld -r -o ./xfs xfs_deb.o xfs_common.o xfs_dev.o xfs_message.o xfs_node.o xfs_syscalls.o xfs_vfsops.o xfs_vnodeops.o xfs_wrap.o
> > ld: cannot open output file ./xfs: Is a directory
> >
> > ...which is true.
> >
> > arla-src-dir/xfs/solaris/xfs is the directory containing includes.
>
> This is because we normally don't compile in the source directory, but
> in a separate directory. The linked binary should probably be named
> xfs.o or something like that. I don't know about what Solaris expects
> from the module's filename.
>
> Did you manage to load the module and get arla working?

I haven't tested that yet, I started testing arla some 30 minutes ago, except
for the more-or-less pre-made arla you get with OpenBSD.

I know it says recommended about not doing like I did, but
still, in this case, the README shouldn't say:

- `./configure' in the source directory,

..if it causes trouble like this.

Whatever...

--
"Backwards compatible" means: "if it isn't backwards, it's not compatible."

Http://www.it.kth.se/~jj