Arla /afs won't come up unless cache is first nuked.

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
Sun Jan 10 02:30:06 CET 1999

In message <3697FC14.48AA at yale.edu>, Werner Krebs writes:
+-----
| Arla on my RedHat 5.2 box running 2.0.36 needs to have its cache
| nuked or it won't come up properly (shows nothing when an 'ls' is
| done in /afs). If arlad is killed and the cache is nuked, /afs
| comes up fine the next time arlad is restarted.
+--->8

FWIW we *sometimes* experience this on 2.1 series kernels (various 2.1.125 -
2.1.131).  Not always.  And it's not always root.afs that is messed up ---
once it was root.cell (/afs/ece.cmu.edu).

It doesn't happen often enough to be a show-stopper; arlad getting confused
about which volume's cache it is searching (mentioned in a previous note a
few wweks ago) is more common.

brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery at ece.cmu.edu
carnegie mellon / electrical and computer engineering			 KF8NH