Arla instablilty

Jim Nance jim_nance at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 14:52:52 CET 1999

Hello All,
    I am running the 12/28 arla snapshot with the
Linux 2.2.0-pre4 kernel.  Stability is fairly poor.
Arlad will die after several hours of running even on
machines which are not being used.
    One thing that concerns me is that arla seemed to
work better with the 2.1.132 kernel.  While this is
just a subjective judgement, it does make me wonder if
something changed inside Linux that broke Arla.  Has
anyone else seen this?
    Also, if anyone feels like making another snapshot
I would love to get synced up with the developers.

Thanks,

Jim