arla 0.21 Oops on Linux 2.2.1

Chuck Lever cel at monkey.org
Fri Feb 5 17:51:23 CET 1999

On 5 Feb 1999, Love wrote:
> The error code is not 4294966841 but rather (the same) -455 (I get this on
> my i386-fbsd-current, but my sparc-NetBSD does same the same thing). And
> that is the RXGEN_OPCODE that rxgen generated code returns when the opcode
> is out of range.

this agrees with everything i found yesterday while debugging.  i could
only guess about the missing error code.

> I added rxgen errorcodes to lib/ko/koerror.c.
>
> In 0.21 we use GetEntryByNameN that is a newer interface then
> GetEntryByName. Babble.citi.umich.edu doesn't seams to understand
> GetEntryByNameN.

i think babble is running an outdated version of the Transarc AFS code.

> Try the patch below.

i'll give it a shot today, and let you know.  thanks!

	- Chuck Lever
--
corporate:	<chuckl at netscape.com>
personal:	<chucklever at netscape.net> or <cel at monkey.org>