frequent cache corruption with arla 0.21 on linux 2.2.1

Simon Josefsson jas at pdc.kth.se
Fri Feb 5 00:39:32 CET 1999

Magnus LindstrXm <magnus.lindstrom at radio.kth.se> writes:

> [lindstrm at hilda weird]$ ls -F
> [lindstrm at hilda weird]$ ln -s '#test' TEST
> ln: cannot create symbolic link `TEST' to `#test': No such file or directory
> [lindstrm at hilda weird]$ ls -F
> [lindstrm at hilda weird]$ fs flush
> [lindstrm at hilda weird]$ ls -F
> ls: TEST: No such file or directory
> [lindstrm at hilda weird]$ rm TEST
> rm: TEST: No such file or directory
> [lindstrm at hilda weird]$ ls -F
> ls: TEST: No such file or directory

Uhm, aren't symlinks to names with leading `#':s really mount points
in AFS?

You can remove the file with "fs rmm TEST". I don't see any
inconsistency that would indicate cache corruptions when trying the
above.

The same thing happens with Transarc AFS but with slightly different
result:

abba$ ls -F
abba$ ln -s '#test' TEST
abba$ ls -F
ls: TEST: Operation not supported by device
abba$ fs rmm TEST
abba$ ls -F

So it seems that the ln "should" succeed and the errno's returned
"should" be EOPTNOTSUPP instead.