arla 0.21 Oops on Linux 2.2.1

Magnus Ahltorp map at stacken.kth.se
Wed Feb 3 00:08:09 CET 1999

> >>EIP: c015efc0 <get_stat+c0/2c0>
> Trace: c01336ef <lookup_dentry+1ef/280>
> Trace: c015fc2f <get_process_array+6f/c0>
> Trace: c015fd6a <array_read+ea/240>
> Trace: c012a404 <filp_open+44/100>
> Trace: c012abae <sys_read+ae/100>
> Trace: c010a82c <system_call+34/38>

I have not dug far into this, since I don't have a 2.2.1 i386 kernel
compiled at the moment. Would you mind comparing the assembly source
from "objdump -d fs/proc/array.o" (the get_stat function) with the C
source in fs/proc/array.c (or just send me the assembly source for the
get_stat function)?

I looked at the differences between 2.2.0 and 2.2.1, and there have
been quite some changes in that function. I cannot think of any reason
why this should be an arla problem. It is surely a bug, I just think
it's a kernel one.

/Magnus
map at stacken.kth.se