arla 0.29.2 build on FreeBSD-CURRENT

Eivind Eklund eivind at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 18 16:27:06 CET 1999

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 14:43:57 -0500 (EST)
From: Kenneth Culver <culverk at culverk.student.umd.edu>
To: arla-drinkers at stacken.kth.se
Subject: arla 0.29.2 build on FreeBSD-CURRENT

Alright, I applied all the patchs I was given (I made them work for
0.29.2) and it has another error now:

gcc -c  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.  -I../../include -I./../../include
-I./../include  -I/usr/athena/include -DXFS_DEBUG -g  -Wall
-I. -I. -I.   -DKERNEL -D_KERNEL -DVFS_KLD -DKLD_MODULE -I/sys/arch -I/sys
-I. -Wno-unused xfs_vnodeops-bsd.c
xfs_vnodeops-bsd.c: In function `xfs_link':
xfs_vnodeops-bsd.c:545: warning: implicit declaration of function
`VOP_ABORTOP'
xfs_vnodeops-bsd.c: In function `xfs_islocked':
xfs_vnodeops-bsd.c:712: too few arguments to function `lockstatus'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/arla-0.29.2/xfs/bsd.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/arla-0.29.2/xfs.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/arla-0.29.2.

Any suggestions? or patches? I'm not familiar enough with the bsd vfs
code, or with the arla code to know what to do.

| Kenneth Culver	      | FreeBSD: The best OS around.    |
| Unix Systems Administrator  | ICQ #: 24767726                 |
| and student at The          | AIM: AgRSkaterq	                |
| The University of Maryland, | Website: (Under Construction)   |
| College Park.		      | http://www.wam.umd.edu/~culverk/|

----- End forwarded message -----

These are a result of my changes to the VFS interface in FreeBSD over
the last time.  For the above two failures, it is pretty simple:
(1) Add an extra NULL parameter to lockstatus() (to get the old behaviour)
(2) Drop VOP_ABORTOP()

You'll also need to get rid of any frees of cnp->cn_pnbuf back to the
namei_zone - which are most likely all references to zfree(namei_zone,
...) in arla.  If arla includes a server, it will need to be updated,
which will be more complex - NDFREE() is now required after any
NDINIT()+namei(), to release the path name buffer.  It is rather
trivial to add (just add an NDFREE(&nd, NDF_ONLY_PNBUF) at the point
where the path name buffer is no longer needed), but it still needs to
be done.

I will look at this at some point if nobody beat me to it, but I have
a couple of other short-term FreeBSD priorities that I need to address
first :-(   Feel free to ask for advice on how to fix it, though.

Eivind.