xfs/linux/Makefile.in

Magnus Ahltorp map at stacken.kth.se
Sun Dec 5 03:41:32 CET 1999

> The xfs code is partitioned into architecture specific subdirs.  My
> patch only affects the Makefile in the linux subdir - so, no, I haven't
> tried it on the other architectures.  The kernel flags are part of the
> DEFS variable, not CFLAGS, so I don't think my patch would affect them.

What Chris means by "architectures" is not OS:es, but machine types,
like i386, sparc, alpha and ppc (which are the ones I know the
xfs/linux code works on).

Generally, much care should be taken when modifying the flags used to
compile the module, not because the current ones are theoretically
proven to work, but because they are known to work. For example, some
architectures require certain flags that have been discovered using
the documentation "the Linux kernel source".

/Magnus