Arla 0.26/27pre4 vs. Linux 2.2.10 on SparcUltra 5

Magnus Ahltorp map at stacken.kth.se
Sat Aug 28 03:07:11 CEST 1999

> after digging around a bit in the arla sources I think one of the
> problems with this 32/64 bit issue is CACHEHANDLESIZE in xfs_message.h
> which is to small. xfs_message.h is included in both the kernel module
> and arlad stuff. Compiling one with 64 bit and the other one with 32
> bit while this file_handle thing in xfs/linux/xfs_syscalls.c has a
> plain unsigned int in it... then a memcpy in xfs_fh_to_dentry...
>
> Well I wonder if its worth to investigate this further and do
> eventually some real work on it. Will there be an update soon?

I have written the code, but it contains some bugs, and I will commit
it as soon as it more or less bug free. I don't want to commit code
that breaks everything.

The problem is that I haven't had the time to work on the sparc64
things, since we are having our two weeks of newcomer's reception here
at KTH. Hopefully, I will look at it any day now.

/Magnus