Arla 0.26/27pre4 vs. Linux 2.2.10 on SparcUltra 5

Tobias Grundmann grundman at Informatik.Uni-Tuebingen.De
Fri Aug 27 15:39:53 CEST 1999

lha at stacken.kth.se said:
> Try the following patch agaist 0.27 that will be out the door in any
> time soon. (hopfully today) The patch will not be i 0.27 since its
> untested.

> Love

thank you for sending the patch. Maybe I should have better mentioned again
that I tried the cvs version now where this patch is integrated already. Sorry.

The question is should I try to work on this or not? If there will be an
update soon this would be wasted time.

Well my machine panics in xfs_message_installdata after calling
xfs_fh_to_dentry which returns a defective dentry (IS_ERR(dentry)):

iterator kernel: XFS Panic: xfs_message_installdata failed to lookup
cache file = 00/01@, errno: -22

BTW: The file cache/00/01@ exists after the panic.

	Tobias

PS: Oh and forget my statement about CACHEHANDLESIZE being too small. Just
confused ino_t with struct inode.  Sometimes I should think a bit...