Arla 0.26/27pre4 vs. Linux 2.2.10 on SparcUltra 5

Tobias Grundmann grundman at Informatik.Uni-Tuebingen.De
Fri Aug 27 13:21:04 CEST 1999

map at stacken.kth.se said:
> I haven't committed everything that is needed yet, but I will commit
> it any day now.

:)))

Hi,

after digging around a bit in the arla sources I think one of the
problems with this 32/64 bit issue is CACHEHANDLESIZE in xfs_message.h
which is to small. xfs_message.h is included in both the kernel module
and arlad stuff. Compiling one with 64 bit and the other one with 32
bit while this file_handle thing in xfs/linux/xfs_syscalls.c has a
plain unsigned int in it... then a memcpy in xfs_fh_to_dentry...

Well I wonder if its worth to investigate this further and do
eventually some real work on it. Will there be an update soon?

Tobias