is there a port for krb5 for afs?

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Sun Aug 22 22:11:54 CEST 1999

jhall at uu.net (Jeremy Hall) writes:

> I have retrieved the athena library, and some support for krb5 appears to
> be there, but it looks like it will take a signifficant amount of work to
> get the thing to use krb5.
>
> I compiled my krb5 with krb4 compatability, so I am wondering if somehow
> the "right" thing could be achieved.  Has somebody attempted to do this
> already?

The rxkad we are using (from Björn Grönvall <bg at sics.se>) have support
for Kerberos5. As things are right now, there are two options.

1. Wait for transarc to write it (and document it).

2. Implement it ourself in our own fileserver.

As 2 is depending on finishing up our fileserver (that might happen soon or
not that soon, depening on how much time we have over to write the code).

And 1 I think <http://www.mit.edu:8008/menelaus/kerberos/11828> posted to
the kerberos-list explain the situtation with transarc. Guess you should
ask them what they are going to do.