tests/hardlink1 fails

Assar Westerlund assar at stacken.kth.se
Sun Aug 8 17:13:00 CEST 1999

Simon Josefsson <jas at pdc.kth.se> writes:
> Assar Westerlund <assar at stacken.kth.se> writes:
>
> > Can you try the first appended patch and see if it solves that
> > problem?
>
> Yes, thanks!

Good, I have commited that code.

> The real CPP in GCC has had inode stuff #ifdef'd out for ages (2.6?),
> and should work, I didn't have the patience to wait for gcc to finish
> building so I fixed CCCP instead, patch attached for reference if
> anyone has experienced similar problems.

It would still be good to know if we solved the problem, there might
be other programs that do inode caching stuff.

> Why doesn't Transarc AFS exhibit this problem?

To my understanding, Transarc AFS always use the normal hash algoritm
for fabricating inode numbers, which would mean that once you got two
files that hash to the same inode number the kernel would consider
them the same file.  It would be good to try to fabricate a test case
for this, but I haven't done so yet.

/assar