small patch for Arla 0.27

Chris Wing wingc at engin.umich.edu
Tue Aug 3 23:48:06 CEST 1999

Hi. I made a small patch which fixes some minor issues with klog in
Arla 0.27:

1) Somebody broke the behavior of the -tmp option. (made get_tkt FALSE
   instead of TRUE). Fixed.

2) mkstemp() from roken creates a unique temporary file and returns the
   name. Previously I had used mktemp(), which returns a unique name only.
   (I originally dealt with the possible race condition by putting the
   ticket files in a directory called /ticket, mode 1733).

   The problem is that if a ticket cannot be gathered (for instance, if
   the wrong password is entered), this temporary file will stick around.

   Fixed so that the ticket file is automatically destroyed if it isn't
   made available to the user.

3) If -setpag is used and the shell cannot be exec()ed, the AFS token will
   stick around in a ghost PAG. Now klog makes sure to remove the token
   in this case.

   (as per the recent discussion about bloating the AFS client with large
   numbers of dead credentials)

4) Minor changes to move all warning messages to use warnx, diet, etc.,
   eliminating fprintf(stderr, ... )

5) Minor changes to warning messages missing whitespace or having
   superfluous newlines

The patch can be found here:

http://www.engin.umich.edu/caen/systems/Linux/code/patches/arla-0.27pre2-klog.patch

Thanks,