arla 0.9 : cannot compile on linux

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
Wed Sep 16 00:05:26 CEST 1998

In message <35FE7DFB.27900453 at mclink.it>, mc8644.com at mclink.it writes:
+-----
| Hello. I have downoaded arla 0.9 willing to try it on some linux boxes,
| but I cannot compile it. I have tried the usual ./configure ; make , and have
| also changed several times the various configure parameters (directory, etc.)
| to no avail.
> ( . . . )
| In file included from xfs_load.c:39:
| xfs_locl.h:47: linux/modversions.h: No such file or directory
+--->8

Arla expects a kernel built with module versioning; I don't think Slackware
defaults to that.  You'll have to configure a new kernel with module
versioning enabled.  (Red Hat does use module versions, which is why that
part succeeds.)

| messages.c:552: `RXKADEXPIRED' undeclared (first use this function)
+--->8

You may need the latest KTH Kerberos, which includes RXKAD.

brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering					 KF8NH
carnegie mellon university