file corruption with arla

Magnus Ahltorp map at stacken.kth.se
Tue Oct 6 15:23:29 CEST 1998

> (2)  File times and dates in arla are not correct.  The timestamp
>      is completely wrong, and a pattern is hard to discern.

Do you have a test case for this? When I try, I get this result:

double:~$ date ; touch foo
Tue Oct  6 14:26:12 CEST 1998
double:~$ ls -l foo
-rw-r--r--   1 map      usr             0 Oct  6 14:26 foo
double:~$

> (4)  Very often when there is no process using arla, it is not
>      possible to unmount it without rebooting the system.

This is due to the caching done in the Linux 2.0 xfs module. Killing
arlad should empty the cache, and thus release all refcounts on the
inodes.

/Magnus
map at stacken.kth.se