Infinite Recursion

Magnus Ahltorp map at stacken.kth.se
Tue Nov 3 04:20:18 CET 1998

> I've been lurking mostly, but there's one thing I'd like to see.
> The UNIX/POSIX find has flags to stop at a device boundary.  For
> AFS, special hacks were often made to GNU find to simulate this
> feature with volumes.  (Yes, I know that you can also get this by
> using -exec, too!)

> Actually, I'm wondering what DFS did in this case?  (Don't have
> access to a system anymore).  But, I think it behaved correctly.

> I think it would be nice for the ARLA client to do this, rather than
> have to go fix the utilities.

I agree. It would be nice (volume boundaries are the way to go), I
have no idea on how they have implemented this. It's possible to
change device numbers at each volume boundary, but I don't know if
that is a good solution (sounds like a hairy thing to do, besides,
linux support would break).

Ideas are welcome.

/Magnus
map at stacken.kth.se