Problems with Arla-0.3 on FreeBSD

Artur Grabowski art at stacken.kth.se
Tue Mar 24 01:38:09 CET 1998

From: Mark A Gebert <geeb at merit.edu>
Subject: Problems with Arla-0.3 on FreeBSD
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 19:06:15 -0500

> arla-0.3 seems to be a bit zippier than 0.2 and it hasn't hung on me. But
> I'm having a problems getting to some directories that I should be able to
> get to. For example:
>
> /afs/merit/infotech/www/external                                                geeb at rbt% fs la .
> Access list for . is
> Normal rights:
>   www.external rlidwka
>   system:administrators rlidwka
>   system:anyuser rl
>
> With or without authentication. I can't cd in:
>
> geeb at slobberbunny% cd /afs/merit/infotech/www/external
> /afs/merit/infotech/www/external: Permission denied.
[SNIP]
> Mar 23 18:58:47 slobberbunny /kernel: xfs_access mode = 0100
> Mar 23 18:58:47 slobberbunny /kernel: xfs_access anonaccess failed
> Mar 23 18:58:47 slobberbunny /kernel: xfs_access(0100) = 13

Hmm. looks like the access code in xfs won't let you through.

What unix-style bits do you have on that directory?
I've also had problems with that. xfs does it's checking based both on
unix bits and acls and when the directory hasn't S_IRUSR | S_IXUSR the
access check fails even when you have the corerct authentication.

I'm not sure if that is correct. I'll do some experiments on how the real
client behaves.

//art