Arla on MkLinux (Linux-ppc)

Magnus Ahltorp map at stacken.kth.se
Tue Mar 17 10:06:25 CET 1998

> Warning: kernel-module version mismatch
> 	/usr/arla/bin/xfs.o was compiled for kernel version 2.0.30
> 	while this kernel is version 2.0.33-osfmach3

This is because you have compiled xfs with the 2.0.30 includes, but you
are running 2.0.33-osfmach3. Probably your /usr/src/linux is pointing to
the wrong directory.

> /usr/arla/bin/xfs.o: Unhandled relocation of type 26 for .L602

I have no idea what may cause this.

> Is this a sign that the mklinux and intel linux kernels are not compatible
> enough for a direct recompile?  I haven't used LKM's before, so this is
> all new to me.

The LKM is not architecture specific in any way, so you should have
problems with that. If it is, it's a bug. We are developing mainly on
sparc, and some on i386, so that should not be a problem. The kernel
includes may differ though, and that may cause problems.