AFSVolSync solution found

Artur Grabowski art at stacken.kth.se
Wed Mar 11 05:22:34 CET 1998

From: Cheng Jin <chengjin at eecs.umich.edu>
Subject: AFSVolSync solution found
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 22:12:42 -0500 (EST)

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for all your help.
>
> I think I found the problem.  There is a file called common.h in rxdef in
> the original distribution, but when I run "make clean" command at the root
> of the source tree, make removes all *.h files in rxdef which include
> common.h.  I was not able to compile arlad after a "make clean."

Oh. I see your problem. ydr makes your life hard if you build in the source
directory. The easiest solution is to have a separate obj directory and
run configure in it.

README:

- run `./configure' in the source directory, or
- run `SRCDIR/configure' in the directory where you want to build arla.
  (this is the recommended way but requires a make that understands VPATH)

None of the developers build in the src-dir. So I don't think that is so
well supported.

//art